idBos.com – Boss Time! Improve Your Communication And Be An Exemplary Leader. Communication is one of the skills most valued by recruiters, a good speech has the ability to convince, please, persuade and motivate your team, so learning to communicate effectively in the professional field can help you become in an exemplary leader.
Communication is a key tool in the exercise of leadership through which it is possible to transmit a vision that influences the behavior of people; Through the use of communicative resources, the leader can create and transfer messages that guide his team towards the fulfillment of objectives.
To transmit accurate messages it is important that you focus on being clear with your ideas, for this it is necessary that you learn to listen to your team, a leader who encourages active listening does not lose information, asks timely questions and understands your interlocutor.
To become an exemplary leader it is necessary that you develop the ability to communicate with others effectively, for this you must take into account the following:
- Communication strategy. You need to understand who your audience is and what action you want to inspire them, in this way you can build your message accurately.
- Written communication. It must be clear and concise, mastering its logical structure will allow you to translate your ideas effectively.
- Oral communication An exemplary leader must be able to give presentations with security in a persuasive manner, inspire his audience and motivate them to action.
- It is important that you take care of your non-verbal communication, your gestures and body movements help to transmit the security that you have in your abilities, in turn, it will help you to project security to your collaborators.
In addition to the ability to express yourself correctly, qualities such as respect, honesty, self-criticism and credibility that you must work to become an exemplary leader capable of directing your employees.
Below, we present some factors that you must work to promote your leadership through effective communication:
- Empathy. It is essential to know the effect that messages have on employees and how they influence the development of teamwork.
- Knowledge of the situation. A good leader must identify the opportune moment to transmit the message.
- Discuss In addition to delegating responsibilities, the leader must be able to understand the needs, interests and motivators of his team.
- Clarity of the message. For communication to be effective, it is necessary to choose the appropriate means to transmit the message.
- Feedback Establishing a bidirectional communication improves the leader’s relationship with his collaborators and thereby increases the quality of collective work.
- Finally, it is essential that you develop your social skills to manage relationships with your colleagues, work your emotional intelligence will allow you to understand your emotions and those of your collaborators in a way that promotes teamwork.